How is Student life in Germany?
Germany, located in Western Europe, is a country known for its cars, friendly people, good food, culture, and universities. Also nicknamed as the Industrial Powerhouse of the European continent, it leads most countries in various technical fields.
ESSENTIALS ABOUT GERMANY - A QUICK PEEK:
- Situated in the Western side of Europe bounded by Denmark towards the North, Switzerland in the South and Poland in the East. Most of Germany experiences a temperate seasonal climate making it a pleasant place to live in. While it does get cold during the winters, it is pleasant during summer.
- Because it is present in the center of Europe as a whole, travelling from Germany to any other part of the European continent is fast and simple.
- A predominantly Christianity country, you will nonetheless find Muslims, Hindus and people from all other religions thanks to its global student body.
- While college related tuition is very low (since the universities will cover the cost), living expenses are quite high when compared to other education destinations such as the United States.
- Life in Germany is never boring thanks to the large number of parties and excellent night life in most areas.
- If nature is your interest, you will find many forests and other areas of natural beauty to relax and forget your stress.
- Germans in general follow a relaxed and laid-back style of living.
- A place where beer is cheaper than water, the people are always ready to celebrate and have a good time.
- But the streets are still clean, perfect sanitary rules are maintained.
- Thanks to the presence of the German Autobahns; freeways, travelling within the country is very easy and fast.
- The police force is one of the best in the world, ensures that Germany is one of the safest places in the world. No matter the time, you can roam about freely without worry.
Necessity of the German Language
If you are looking to settling down in Germany, learning German is your first, unavoidable
task. Mastering the language is not hard as long as you are on the right road and are dedicated
in your quest. Picking up the language will definitely take a lot of time and patience with
many mistakes, corrections and more mistakes. But it is not impossible to perfect it and once
accomplished, the rest of your experience is a breeze through.
General Life in the Country
The German motto is "Live and Let Live". Certain clauses which may seem strange to foreigners make absolute sense to the Germans. So avoiding loud noises till 8 A.M, proper trash disposal and "no working on Sundays" rules are things to get used to.
Sundays are days to look out for in Germany. It is a tradition where the whole country comes to a standstill with the exception of cinema theaters and restaurants rendering a perfectly lazy day where you are expected to smile and celebrate.
The most popular cities in Germany include Berlin, Hamburg and Frankfurt, offer an excellent quality of living, rich in multinational diversity while preserving its cultural identity. For students, Germany is the dream destination. Socializing and partying, an average student's life is filled with fun and extracurricular events hand in hand with quality education. Germany has couple of the best Universities in the world. The universities are leaders in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology and Business management, Germany also offers a number of opportunities to students, opportunities which will allow you to succeed in the workplace.
Entertainment, safety, knowledge, you name it, Germany offers it all. Just make sure to follow all the rules, to learn the local language and you should be just fine.