Higher studies in Europe through Erasmus Mundus
Erasmus Mundus is a comprehensive exchange and mobility program introduced for higher studies in European universities. This program promotes co-operation in higher studies with developing countries to enhance a better development of human resources and increase the exchange of ideas between cultures and people. The scholarships that are provided to the students from non-European Union countries in Erasmus Mundus are funded by the European Union. There are over 200 European universities participating in the Erasmus Mundus exchange program for higher studies.
Some of the top universities offering the scholarships under the Erasmus Mundus exchange program are listed below.
Central European University, Hungary
The CEU provides a two-year full-time Erasmus Mundus master's program in association with leading European institutions.
there are two courses offered under the Erasmus Mundus programs
- M.S. in environmental sciences and policies and management.
- MA in public policies.
- Maters in women's and gender studies.
- Application procedure-
- A bachelor's degree from any recognised university is required
- An English proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) with a good score is mandatory, as the countries in Europe prefer those candidates who have taken this examination
- A duly filled application is to be submitted online with all the documents and a letter of recommendation.
The charges for the master's degree program are 11000 EUR per year. The studies for an Erasmus Mundus program are funded by the European Union. The grant also covers the expenses like the tuition fees, the living expenses and the travel expenses.
University of Oviedo, Spain
Provides you a better study environment and a highly knowledgeable staff which makes it an ideal choice for students.
The courses offered by the University of Oviedo include a two year full time master's degree in Marine biodiversity and conservation under the Erasmus Mundus program.
- A bachelor's or masters degree is required in biology, ecological studies, oceanography, marine sciences or equivalent with minimum 180 ECTS.
- Relevant certification for English proficiency with average scores.
A tuition fee of €7000 is charged to students from non-European countries.
University of Glasgow
Provides you the opportunity to study in the most prominent geopolitical regions of Europe including Russia and eastern European countries.
There are a variety of masters programs available under Erasmus Mundus in various disciplines such as human rights and economic developments.
- A bachelor's degree from any recognized university is required in the relevant field.
- Certification of English Proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent.
- Online application is accepted for participation in master's degree programs funded by Erasmus Mundus.
- Relevant documents translated in English are to be uploaded with proper attestation.
the tuition fees for masters degree program is 20000 euro for two years out of which 8000 euro is funded by the European Union under the Erasmus Mundus program.
University of Gottingen, Denmark
Offers a variety if study programs under the Erasmus Mundus scheme.
Listed below are the areas wherein study programs are available under EMA
- Agricultural sciences.
- Architecture and urban planning.
- Art and design.
- Education and teaching.
- Technology, Engineering and many more.
The requirements for the admissions and application are listed below:
- Applications are directly made to through the relevant faculties chosen for the studies.
- Application should be given with copies of the required documents duly attested.
- The final decision for the acceptance of your application for admission is solely taken by the respective faculty, you have applied for.
a participation fee of 3000 euro per year is chargeable which is covered by the European Union under the Erasmus Mundus program for international students.
Lund University, Sweden
With a state of the art infrastructure and well-qualified faculty, you get an excellent opportunity to study under the Erasmus Mundus program
various masters programs are offered in different disciplines such as:
- Environmental science
- Sports, exercise and physiology
- Economic development and growth
- Fire safety engineering
- Food innovation and production technologies
- An account at the university admissions Sweden website is needed
- All certified official documents such as certificate or diploma of lower studies, acceptable proof of English proficiency, passport or any other additional document required by the faculty chosen for the studies, are to be sent at the university office address through Mail.
- The decision for the acceptance is taken by the university board.
There is no tuition fee applicable for the students under the Erasmus Mundus exchange study program.
By the Erasmus Mundus program, the bright students get a great opportunity to pursue higher education in European countries at a very minimal cost. This program also allows the dialogue between various cultures and people from different countries which further helps in increasing global cooperation and harmony.