graduateshotline logo
Last Updated: February 19, 2021

Get Master's in Civil Engineering from Germany

A Civil engineering degree is a degree that specializes in the design and construction of man-made structures which would benefit the development of a nation. Being a Civil engineer needs creativity, blending with strong sciences such as mathematics and physics.

The construction and designing of a crisscross of various highways, smooth roads, airports, bridges, and many more is a small job description of a civil engineer. To become a civil engineer, one needs to have at least a bachelor's degree in the relevant field.

Top universities offering Civil engineering

As many know, Germany is one of the top destinations known for providing the best engineering courses. Not only in the field of education, but Germany has also been one of the best research destinations as well. Moreover, the international students studying in Germany can reap a lot of benefits, including getting internships at top German companies.

Below is a list of the best universities in Germany offering a course in Civil engineering.

Technical University of Munich

The Technical University of Munich is without a doubt, the best university to pursue your engineering dream from. With a long-standing history of more than 100 years, the Technical University of Munich has been the favorite choice for German and international students alike.

Technical University's popularity isn't just enclosed to Germany, it is tooted as one of the best universities in Europe, attracting students from neighboring countries as well.

At TUM, a civil engineering degree is provided at the postgraduate level and undergraduate level. The course will include several electives for you to choose from. Some of the electives are Computation in engineering, Construction, Structural physics, Structural mechanics, Construction process management.

Basic information for undergraduates

Basic information for postgraduates

University of Stuttgart

The University of Stuttgart is an old university. It was established in the year of 1829 and has been growing since then. The growth has been magnificent where they have been globally recognized for their world-leading research in various fields.

The University of Stuttgart's pillars seems to be their outstanding teachers, researchers, and thinkers who have been giving the university the best of their ability. The students of Stuttgart have also shown great satisfaction with the courses and the faculty. Moreover, Stuttgart has been providing important internships and job opportunities for their students as well, whichever courses need them. This has helped and is helping the students get a taste of their field market in Germany and adds to their experience.

At Stuttgart, the civil engineering course is quite unique. The degree provided is at a postgraduate level only.

Basic information for postgraduates

University of Duisburg-Essen

At the University of Duisburg-Essen, research and education have been equally regarded. So it comes as no surprise that they have been appreciated for their educational courses and amazing research contributions.

The University of Duisburg-Essen was established long back, in the year 1654. It was re-established as a result of a merger between the Gerhard Mercator University of Duisburg and the University of Essen in the year of 2003.

One of the fun facts about the university is that the University of Duisburg-Essen is the largest university in the Ruhr Metropolitan region of Germany. Moreover, the university provides over 230 courses which are in every possible field; ranging from social sciences to civil engineering.

When it comes to civil engineering, the university offers an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree. Information for both degrees are mentioned below.

Basic information for undergraduates

Basic information for postgraduates

Note: The postgraduate course is a part-time course but will still require students to attend campus.

Dresden University of Technology

The Dresden University of Technology is also known as the Technical University Dresden. Located in Saxony, one of the cheapest places in Germany, the university has almost 200 years of history.

The university is well-reputed for its education and research, but the course it is most popularly known for has to be its engineering courses. You will find all sorts of engineering courses at Dresden, but the civil engineering course they offer is unlike any other.

The university offers an undergraduate degree and a postgraduate degree for civil engineering. More information for the same is given below.

Basic information for undergraduates

Note: This course does not happen on campus, it comes under distance learning, also known as online degrees.

Basic information for postgraduates

RWTH Aachen University

RWTH Aachen University is a public research university which has been established in 1870 in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia. The university is known for its research and a range of courses that deliver very well and have shaped several student's futures.

The plus point of RWTH is that its located at Aachen which is a major city and educational hub in Germany. Additionally, Aachen has several research centers and job/internship opportunities for almost every kind of profession.

At RWTH Aachen, civil engineering is available as only postgraduate courses. Nonetheless, the postgraduate courses are exceptionally unique and would benefit anyone looking to amp up their resume.

Basic information for postgraduates

Basic information for postgraduates

Studying in Germany

Popular Programs in Germany