Last Updated: October 03, 2021
Study MBA in France
While France is a country known for its cultural and historical heritage, the place is also a major business hub. The country also has a robust economy and holds a high place in the international market making it the ideal ground for learning about business and management. They focus on travel, tourism, marketing, human resources, and every other specialization one can take from around the world which helps international students learn more about the international business market.
Candidates who choose to study in France will be able to learn the French language and culture which will help them broaden their perspective and help them be better leaders. The education in France is affordable though MBA courses do fall on the expensive side owing to it being a professional course. Students will also be able to do accelerated MBA programs that have a duration of 1 year though programs in the country require candidates to have a work experience of 3 years to do the course.
Benefits of Studying MBA in France
France is a country that is said to have one of the largest economies in the world. This is due to the investments the country makes in the business sector year after year. The country is ranked to have the 3rd best economy in Europe and the 6th best in the world. Taking a business degree from such a country will provide candidates with the obvious benefits of understanding and learning the French culture, economy, and tradition. Other benefits include-
- MBA programs in France offer different kinds of specializations that can be useful for candidates who wish to pursue a specific kind of career after the course. They also offer general MBA programs which any candidate can take as long as they have a bachelor’s degree and the required work experience.
- Candidates will be able to learn the French language and immerse themselves in the culture thereby broadening their perspectives and helping them become better leaders. It will also aid them in understanding the business culture of the place which is of international standards.
- MBA programs in France are highly valued all over the world. Due to the professional nature of the course, getting an MBA degree is not enough in the current times. The credibility of the degree increases depending on the place and institution the candidate has taken the degree from. France, then, becomes one of the ideal locations to take the degree from.
- Candidates will be able to meet people from different parts of the world while doing the program. They will be able to create networks that will aid them in their future business endeavors both when they are entering the job market and if they wish to begin a business.
- Most business schools in the country offer the best placement opportunities for local and international candidates alike. This ensures that the candidate will complete the course not to return empty-handed but to receive a promising job offer in the end.
- MBA programs in France offer candidates flexibility with respect to specialization, timings, and schedule. Considering how the candidates are expected to have a work experience of 3 or more years to pursue the program, this mode of study will help them blend better in academia.
Eligibility Requirement for MBA in France
Candidates who wish to study MBA in France will be surprised at the number of universities that offer quality education in the country despite the country being known mostly for arts and music. The documents that candidates will require while applying for an MBA program in the country as an international student are as follows-
- Educational Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Scholarship Essay, if required
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Documents
The eligibility criteria include that the candidate must-
- have 3 to 4 years of work experience
- have completed Bachelor’s degree
- have minimum proficiency in French
- have TOEFL/IELTS score report
- have GRE/GMAT score, if required
Duration of MBA in France
The duration of MBA programs in France varies from institution to institution and depends on the type of course that the candidate takes. The standard MBA programs in the country take around 24 months or 4 semesters to be completed. But candidates will also be able to find courses that have a duration of 16 months or 1 year.
Cost of MBA in France
France offers affordable education to both local and international. At the same time, they also offer students with innumerable scholarship options which will help them complete the course without any debts. The state-run public universities offer the course at a reasonable rate for candidates. But since it is relatively difficult to get into public universities, international students often opt for private institutions that offer equally good MBA programs.
The fee for an MBA program can be anything from € 4,000 per year. Though this is the case, candidates will encounter many MBA programs that charge as much as € 73,000 for the entire program. The average fee in the top universities is estimated to be around € 40,000.
MBA Specializations Offered in France
The MBA programs offered all over the world typically cater to the business and economy of the country the course is provided in. The most popular specializations offered around the world include marketing, finance, and human resources. France, being an international hub when it comes to business, offers students specializations that cater to the varied interests of candidates. Students will be able to choose a specialization of their choice without having to blindly go for generic options. But in order to do this, they will have to pay close attention to the courses that are being taught at the university they are applying to.
The most popular specializations offered in France for MBA are-
- General MBA
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Healthcare Management
- Media Management
- Human Resources Management
Top Universities for MBA in France
The top universities for MBA in France
- HEC Paris
- Emlyon Business School
- ESCP Business School
- ESSEC Business School
- Sciences Po University
- NEOMA Business School
- SKEMA Business School
- KEDGE Business School
- Montpellier Business School
Scholarships for MBA Students in France
While taking an MBA is cheap when compared to other countries in the world especially considering the quality of education they provide, the cost for a professional degree can seem high to most international students. But France offers students with various financial aid options that will help them complete the course debt-free. The scholarships provided will either be merit-based or need-based but at the same time, candidates will be able to find scholarships and grants that will be based on gender, nationality, ethnicity, etc. This implies that if candidates are to look hard enough, they will find the one best suited for them.
A few of the scholarship options available to candidates include-
- HEC Paris Women’s High Potential Scholarship- This scholarship is offered to female candidates of all nationalities and is partially funded. It is for candidates who have enrolled for the MBA program in HEC Paris which is one of the best universities for business studies in the country and the world. It is a merit-based scholarship where selected candidates will be provided € 15,000 every year.
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship- This scholarship is provided by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs and is specifically for international students doing a postgraduate degree in the country. Through the scholarship, selected candidates will be provided with € 1,181 on a monthly basis. They will also be able to receive an international return ticket, the ability to attend cultural activities, and social security as part of the scholarship.
- Emile Boutamy Scholarship, Sciences Po University- Though this isn’t an MBA scholarship, it is a scholarship offered to both undergraduate and postgraduate students which include MBA. Students who are receiving this scholarship will not be able to take up any other scholarship. The award amount for the scholarship is € 12,200 per year which is provided for the tuition fee and other educational expenses the candidate will have in the university.
Career Options for MBA Graduates in France
Candidates who have taken an MBA from France will be able to work within the country or anywhere around the world due to the credibility of the degree they have taken. This will also be because of the networks they would have made during the duration of the course by being an international student. France requires candidates to have a minimum of 3 years of work experience before they enroll in the course. This ensures that candidates who complete the course will have adequate work experience and a business degree which will fetch them the job of their desire.
In order to work in the country after their education is complete, they will require a temporary work permit unless they have a job offer at hand. The most popular professions that candidates can take up after the course are-
- Management Analyst
- Program Officer
- Investment Officer
- Program Management Officer
- Marketing Coordinator