>> Study Abroad
>> Study in Europe
List of Universities in France
Education in France
- Grandes Ecoles means Great Schools/Universities (for higher education)!
- Student in grandes ecoles are selected on ranking in national exam (which has written and oral examination)
- There are 80+ Universities, more than 200+ Engineering and Commerce schools.
- Undergrad degree is of 3 years(as in most countries)
- Master's degree is usually for 2 years.
- Cost of Education is low as compared to UK,US. In public universities tuition fees might range from EUR 150 - Euro 800 depending on level of education (like BS or Licence, masters and Doctorate). Courses like Engineering might have slightly higher fees. Private institutions might have higher fees.
- Most of France's business schools are private, Yearly tuition varies and is generally between EUR 2,000 and Euro 35,000.
- Three main theme for research for 2009 - 2012 are Biotech, Environmental Sciences and IT.
- Higher education systems covers Undergrad+ degrees (Masters/Postgraduate and above).
- Under Open University system every student with a BS degree have right to do do higher education without any selection procedure. Under selective system students might get admission via an examination or interview or both.
- France's universities and educational institutions
do not distinguish between international students and French students, admission criteria and tuition fees is same for international and local students.
- More than 40% students doing PhD are international students.
- Health insurance is free till age of 20, after that students need to get it to cover their medical expenses (it might cost EUR 150-300 per year)
Study in Europe