Universities in France
Education in France
- Grandes Ecoles means Great Schools/Universities (for higher education)!
- Student in grandes ecoles are selected on ranking in national exam (which has written and oral examination)
- There are 80+ Universities in France, more than 200+ Engineering and Commerce schools.
- Undergrad degree is of 3 years(as in most countries)
- Master's degree is usually for 2 years.
- Cost of Education is low as compared to UK,US. In public universities tuition fees might range from €150 - €800 depending on level of education (like BS or Licence, masters and Doctorate). Courses like Engineering might have slightly higher fees. Private institutions might have higher fees.
- Most of France’s business schools are private, Yearly tuition varies and is generally between €2,000 and €35,000.
- Three main theme for research for 2009-2012 are Biotech, Environmental Sciences and IT.
- Higher education systems covers Undergrad+ degrees (Masters/Postgraduate and above).
- Under Open University system every student with a BS degree have right to do do higher education without any selection procedure. Under selective system students might get admission via an examination or interview or both.
- France’s universities and educational institutions
do not distinguish between international students and French students, admission criteria and tuition fees is same for international and local students.
- More than 40% students doing PhD are international students.
- Health insurance is free till age of 20, after that students need to get it to cover their medical expenses (it might cost €150-€300 per year)
Please login/register to post comments
|Dear Sir or Madam;|
I am Belal Albashiti , Full Time Lecturer at Al-azhar university, Gaza, Palestine. Business Department Manager Assistant.
I did my MBA in 2007at Coventry University, UK.
I actually interested in continuing my PhD program in business management
The initial proposal of my study is about CSR at the Palestinian universities. Therefore, expletory research which is I have conducted is about CSR , it will investigate the impact of CSR practices on the Corporate reputation. the study will be applied on the Palestinian universities in Gaza strip.
Before I proceed on this, I shall be grateful to you if you advice me for next step to get admission at your university,.
I need help to get intouch or contact with supervisors concerned
I hope to hear from you soon.
|albashiti , 5 months ago |
i want to study mechanical enginnering in france under undergradute program.i am from nepal.my percentage in class 12 is 60%.please reply am i elligible to apply in france for enginnering.
|suman123 , 3 months ago |
iam raju from india ..i have completed B.com degree ..iam very much interested in film and television studies and make one short film also...
plz tell me how can i apply ?and which universities(in FRANCE) better for me plz help me?
|nagelliraju , 3 months ago |
I am Dominic from Ghana, West Africa. I hold Diploma in Basic Education and a degree in Business Administration.I still have the conviction of achieving my dream-that is-becoming a medical doctor. Can I get a university in France that will help me realize my dream? Please help me.
|dn83 , 1 week ago ||
Language Requirements in European countries.